For visitors, locals and Ole Miss students, fall is arguably the best time of year in Oxford, Mississippi. And it came as no surprise when ESPN recently named Oxford as the best college town in the nation. Though cooler temps and leaves changing colors are nice features, the star of the show is football and what that entails.
ARE YOU READY?
- Welcome to Oxford, MS!
- Check out Thacker Mountain Radio Hour – Oxford’s live radio show featuring weekly author readings and musical performances!
- Learn more about Oxford and Ole Miss by hopping on one of the Double Decker bus tours!
- The Grove closes at 6:30 p.m. and reopens at 7:00 p.m. to allow tailgaters to start their set up – it’s the running of the tents!
- Head downtown and check out some of the amazing food from local restaurants.
- After dinner, check out all of the exciting nightlife that Oxford offers!
- Be sure and check out rules and regulations for tailgating and stadium policies.
- Head to the Grove for tailgating
- Be at the Walk of Champions two hours prior to kickoff to watch the Ole Miss Rebels walk through the Grove to the stadium
- Enjoy brunch at one of the many restaurants on the Square
- Take advantage of retailers who are open on Sunday
- Take a stroll around Rowan Oak before heading out town
- Snap a selfie at the Greetings from Oxford mural